Welcome to the BC Water Polo Association
Our New Website is well under way ... all new material will be posted at http://www.bcwaterpolo.ca
some materiall will remain on this website during the transition of archive material but for new materials, and sections already moved, after December 4, 2011 please go to the new website.
BCWPA Officials Technical Group Terms
BC Water Polo is pleased to announce the formation of the Officials Technical Group, November 2010. This body, which will encompass all registered officials within the BCWPA, has the following mandates:
To improve the level of officiating by:
- Providing workshops and clinics, both theoretical and technical;
- Making teaching aids available;
- Registering all officials in British Columbia with the B.C. Water Polo Association;
- Conducting Disciplinary Hearings and investigations for OTG membership; and
- Conducting regular evaluations every officiating season
To improve the game of Water Polo by:
- Promoting good fellowship amongst Association members;
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of relationship with Association members, officials and coaches of the various levels of teams and leagues with whom the OTG shall make its services available;
- Providing opportunity for input concerning the rules and regulations involved in the “calling of the game”; and
- Upholding the rules according to the most current Water Polo Canada rulebook and the most current FINA rulebook with the only exception being those rules changed or permitted within a particular tournament/event sanction.
A group of experienced senior officials has agreed to assist in the startup of this organization and the BCWPA has appointed Gabor Toth to act as the interim chair until the group has been fully established - with all officiating members of BCWPA being registered - and an election for the executive of the group can be held (sometime prior to the end of August 2011).
For more information contact Gabor Toth OTG or David Soul Executive Director, BC Water Polo Association
Official Working Group Terms
The Mandate of the OWG is to train, recruit, develop, and retain referees and minor officials in Canada. Terms as of January 2010 can be found --> here
Minor Officials Materials
Minor Officials (nov 2009) (note obsolete - new version to be posted in November 2010)
Equipment - Field of Play
Sample Score Sheet and Penalty Sheet
Sample Score Sheets
New Fina Rules are out!
The new FINA Rule Book is out. All new rules are marked in red. Please download the Fina Rule Book here.To see when the new rules will be enforced please download the Memorandum.
If you have any further question, please don't hesitate to contact us.
LFs and Es in BC - The Practice Coach
Below is the list of all certified Master Learning Facilitators (MLF), Learning Facilitators (LF), Master Evaluators (ME), and Evaluators (E) for "The Practice Coach" in BC. For the definition of the responsibilities of the above personnel please visit the NCCP Overview page in our Coaching section. Only those on the list below are eligible to deliver the "New" Water Polo Canada NCCP coach education program.
It is important that all referees have this information for beginners and high level.
1. Referee Development System: How to become a referee!!
2. Referee Registration form: Step 1, register yourself as a referee
3. Referee Evaluation System: How to progress and advance as a referee!!